Publisher Opportunity: Monetizing the Micro-survey
by Deb Shaw
Matt Villacarte, Google
Google’s Matt Villacarte, Publisher Development Manager for Google Consumer Surveys, attracted a large crowd interested to learn more about this new partnership opportunity. Launched a scant 6 months ago, Google is looking to connect publishers and market research companies with this survey tool on publisher websites.
Some highlights of the Google Consumer Survey Program:
- Short one or two question surveys appear on newspaper websites, at a break in premium content (an inline prompt) or anchored on top of a page such as an image gallery.
- Readers can choose to proceed to rest of story or to view the gallery by answering a short survey, one or two questions, or taking an alternate publisher-chosen course of action.
- Every time a user completes the survey, the publisher earns revenue at the rate of .05 cents per completed survey.
- Google is seeking producers of unique content to partner with on this program and according to Matt “local news is exclusive” so there’s a real advantage for LMA members to get to the top of the list for partnership exploration.
- Only age, gender and geography of user is tracked.
- Some LMA members are already participating including Shaw Suburban Media. A live example was demonstrated at Shaw’s Newton Daily News. www.newtondailynews.com. Click through top story to see an example of a survey.
- Explore this opportunity at the Consumer Survey home page at https://google.com/insights/consumersurveys/home